Frequently Asked Questions
PTFB Pro Technical Help
Help with common questions related to the use of PTFB Pro, our macro recorder and automation assistant.
- Automatic/silent install command line options
- Can't find PTFB Pro's icon in the system tray?
- Error when sending email via smtp.gmail.com
- High CPU on Windows 10 Creators Update
- How do I configure a macro (i.e., set of keystrokes) to type my name, address, and phone number, regardless of which app I'm in?
- How do I find out how many days are left on the trial?
- How do I get PTFB Pro to log off my Windows account automatically at a certain time?
- How do I stop a macro while it's running?
- How do I upgrade to the latest version?
- How to bypass the Windows 10 lock screen to press buttons automatically
- How to define a hotkey for enabling/disabling PTFB
- How to set different recipients for email notifications
- I am moving PTFB Pro to a new server and need to transfer the settings and license. How do I accomplish this?
- I told PTFB Pro not to show a confirmation screen again - how do I get it back?
- I want to import targets from an old PTFB installation. How do I do it?
- I want to move PTFB Pro to my new computer, but I don't know how to do it
- I've password-protected PTFB Pro, but I've forgotten the password
- I've set a macro to repeat, but it only plays once when I trigger it manually?
- I've used "By Prompt" checking - the text IS in the dialog, but PTFB Pro doesn't see it?
- My macro triggers OK, but doesn't always do the right thing
- Please tell me how to have PTFB minimized at startup. It loads but I always see it. I want it to be minimized to the tray w/o me having to push a button.
- PTFB Pro and high DPI on Windows 8, 7 and Vista
- PTFB Pro is seeing the target, but is failing to take appropriate action
- PTFB Pro is too slow / takes too much cpu time
- PTFB Pro isn't working on some target windows
- PTFB Pro pressed the target once, but hasn't done it since?
- PTFB Pro runs macros automatically when it starts
- PTFB Pro won't press anything! (Zone Alarm and other protection software)
- PTFB stops working when I close my Remote Desktop session
- Sometimes PTFB Pro consumes a lot of cpu
- The performance benefits of “Fire only if window belongs to program”, “Match window type”, and “Match window size”
- Why can't I set F12 as a hotkey?